The Florida Bar’s (TFB) Program Division, Professional Development (PD) department is seeking experienced applicants for the position of Program Administrator.
Starting minimum salary $55,452.38 with excellent benefits and pension plan.
Summary function: The role of the Program Administrator is to be proactive in serving their assigned groups so as to avoid being reactive. Management of assigned sections, divisions, and committees administrative and program related duties, including understanding and explaining and helping to ensure sections, divisions, and committees adhere to Standing Board Policy regarding budgets and section/division financials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Develops and administers all aspects of new and ongoing meetings, conventions, and retreats in various locations and activities for committees:
- Performs site and planning visits, coordinate contracts through Meetings & Conventions.
- Prepares meeting notices and agendas.
- Works with officers in preparation for the upcoming programs.
- Works with hotel staff regarding meeting set-up, menus for food functions and audio-visual requirements.
- Coordinates travel, hotel, excursions, and events with travel agency for out-of-state and out-of-country trips.
- Updates section websites and handles listserv notices to the membership and council.
- Travels to location of meeting and is the on-site contact for all Membership needs.
Administers continuing legal education seminars in various locations in-state, out-of-state and out-of-country:
- Plans and administers program with officers/program chairs.
- Ensures program stays on schedule in accordance with the standard program timeline.
- Coordinates CLE product (receipt of electronic course materials, recorded product via audio or video).
- Communicates and follows up with speakers and program chairs regarding materials, A/V, lecture credit, speaker reimbursement.
- Works with sponsors and exhibitors, including preparation of letters and invoices.
- Charts the receipt of sponsorships and communicates with sponsors and leadership
- Manages on-site registrations for section events and seminars.
- Coordinates travel, hotel, excursions and events for out-of-state and out-of-country trips.
- Updates section websites and handle listserv notices to the membership and council.
- Coordinates audiovisual for live programs and live webcasts.
Coordinates publication of section newsletters, membership directories, handbooks, journals, section service projects, and special projects adopted by assigned sections/divisions/committees, etc.
Prepares, communicates, presents, monitors, and administers budgets for assigned sections/divisions. Educates section leadership on Standing Board Policy regarding budget, section management fees, CLE administrative and other costs, and financial statements. Analyzes past expenses and anticipates future expenditures. Prepare budget amendments as approved by Executive Councils.
Responds to Bar members, which includes routine work with officers, executive council and committees, along with general Bar members calling regarding section/division/committee inquiries.
Administers special projects adopted by sections, e.g., grant programs, scholarships, special benefits for executive council such as travel reimbursement or sponsorships to section CLEs for the executive council and general Section Membership.
Other duties as assigned.
Required minimum education: Bachelor's Degree (proof of degree required at interview).
Required minimum professional work experience: Three (3) years of public relations and/or business administration and/or association management experience.
The Florida Bar (TFB), with more than 109,000 members, is the statewide professional and regulatory organization for lawyers. To learn more about TFB please visit our website at https://www.floridabar.org/about/