Our title closer reads and examines title searches to determine the effect on properties. They review all closing documents and instructions pertaining to transactions. This position supervises the workload of all aspects of the real estate closing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Reads, examines and prepares insurable title commitments 2. Reads, examines legal descriptions on property surveys and title reports 3. Reviews judgment searches and determines if they attach to the property 4. Enters data into the title software, generates the necessary documentation, and emails the client 5. Completes the real estate closing process; ensures compliance with real estate contracts, lender instructions, title requirements, company requirements, and other written instructions 6. Collaborates with the escrow department to resolve title issues (e.g., legal descriptions, easements, lot splits, vesting, tax liens, abstracts of judgments, bankruptcies, boundary disputes, encroachments, and list pendants) 7. Oversees the issuance of checks, bills, statements, receipts, and other documents needed to ensure customer satisfaction 8. Conducts closings with customers, realtors, lenders, and attorneys 9. Reads, examines and prepares update reports upon request 10. Processes incoming orders and searches upon request 11. Reviews industry publications to remain knowledgeable of changes in laws and practices affecting the issuance of title policies 12. Performs any other duties delegated by management 13. Adheres to company policies and guidelines
1. A minimum of two (2) years of experience in title closings industry is preferred.
1. A high school diploma is required. 2. Continuing education is required to maintain title agent license if applicable.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, INSURANCE
1. A state title agent license is preferred. 2. Must be a Florida Notary.
1. Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the title and real estate industry.
1. Adaptability: adapts to new, different, or changing requirements 2. Attentive to details 3. Critical thinking: uses logical thought processes to analyze and draw conclusions 4. Customer focused: is pleasant, courteous, and professional when dealing with internal and external customers or clients 5. Decision making: applies critical thinking skills to solve problems; identifies and prioritizes the key issues involved to facilitate the decision-making process 6. Dependable and reliable: displays responsible behaviors at work 7. Integrity: treats others with honesty, fairness, and respect 8. Planning and organizing: plans and prioritizes work to manage time effectively and accomplish assigned tasks 9. Professional: maintains a professional demeanor at work 10. Reading: reads and comprehends documents ranging from simple and straightforward, to more complex and detailed; attains meaning and comprehends core ideas from written materials and applies what is learned 11. Respectful: works effectively with those who have diverse backgrounds 12. Team player: works effectively with others 13. Technology: uses information technology and related applications to convey and retrieve information; demonstrates strong computer/typing skills in Microsoft Office, email programs, accounting software, and internet browsers 14. Verbal communication: maintains open lines of communication with others; speaks clearly, in precise language and in a logical, organized, and coherent manner 15. Writing: uses standard English to clearly communicate thoughts, ideas, and information in written form
NOTE: Skills list resourced in part from Common Employability Skills, National Network of Business and Industry Associations, 2014. Print and online at: http://www.nationalnetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Common_Employability_Skills-03-30-152.pdf.
1. This position requires repetitive use of a keyboard, bending, sitting, squatting, and simple grasping. 2. This position may require use of one’s own vehicle for transportation during the workday for remote closings.
1. Competitive Salary 2. National Paid Holidays 3. Paid Vacation 4. Paid Sick Days 5. Group Health Insurance 6. Group Accident & Disability Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $26.00 per hour
Additional Salary Information: 1. Competitive Salary
2. National Paid Holidays
3. Paid Vacation
4. Paid Sick Days
5. Group Health Insurance
6. Group Accident & Disability Insurance
About Independence Title
Since 2003, Independence Title has been the leading provider of title insurance, real estate and mortgage closing services in Fort Lauderdale and throughout the State of Florida. We cover all kinds of transactions and specialize in Land Trusts, Joint Ventures, Assignments, Transactional Funding and Double Closings! We are always excited to help get you to the closing table!
As agents for Westcor Land Title Insurance Company, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company and WFG National Title Insurance Company we pride ourselves in providing the best the industry has to offer. We have the resources available to close any deal, anywhere, while utilizing technology and offering the best experience for YOU!
As a continued leader in the industry, our commitment inspires us to constantly bring you our innovative methods which is why we are the go-to title company in South Florida! Our dedication to that and our clients is what motivates us to continue to bring dynamic concepts while maintaining our integrity and insuring you have the best service from our detailed oriented team!