Reporting to the Center Manager, this position (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt) is accountable for providing services to patients, referring physicians, visitors and internal customers by answering phones, scheduling appointments, cheerfully greeting and registering patients along with performing other duties as assigned. The Front Desk Receptionist assures that services are administered using professional standards with a strong focus on customer service excellence and remains self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, insurances and new procedures as they evolve. In addition to the expectations listed below, the Front Desk Receptionist will support other center/company needs directed. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Cheerfully greets, arrives and checks patients in for scheduled for imaging services.
· Ensures pre-certification/verification has been obtained on all exams with patient's insurance company.
· Waivers-knowledge of insurance carriers for example; Medicare, and procedures that require waivers and obtaining authorization if needed prior to appointment. Responsible to have the patient sign, or explain to the patient, and to forward the waiver to the billing for processing
· Processes payments for co pays/deductibles/co-insurance.
· Answers phones and handles calls in an efficient and friendly manner.
· Schedules patient examinations over the phone and for "walk-in’ patients.
· Handles "release of information’ requests for patients, referring offices, other medical facilities, attorneys & insurance companies.
· Arranges transportation and interpretation services for patients when appropriate.
· Verifies physician order for procedure, diagnosis and exam specifics matches the exam we will be performing
· Ensures that the referring physician on the order matches what is in the RIS system, if not updates this accordingly within workflow, appointment and demographics.
· Thoroughly reviews all patient history form, checklist and consent forms to ensure completion prior to sending back with technologist
· Completes work to the level of expectation in a timely and efficient manner
· Maintains an efficient and organized workflow process while keeping physical workspace clean and clutter-free
· Serves as a liaison between center staff and our customers.
· Performs daily preparation for next business day to ensure smooth operations.
· Provides timely, accurate and complete documentation of all patient information within RIS.
· Complies with QA standards
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to work in a team setting, as well as, independently
· Ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous assignments with frequent interruptions while paying close attention to the details
· Ability to work well under pressure with deadlines - sense of urgency
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a variety of personalities and work styles
· Ability to be flexible in schedule and adaptable to constant change
· Ability to handle details with accuracy
· Ability to learn computer software programs
· Skill with interpersonal relationships and ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and outside contacts
· Skill in organizing and prioritizing of work, and following assignments through to completion
· Skill with data analysis and figure aptitude with a high level of accuracy
· Skill in written and verbal communication
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Minimum- high school graduate
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
· Ability to operate a computer terminal
· Ability to type 50 wpm
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Medical terminology and office background
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Annual EKG education (provided) *Site Specific
Schedule: M-F 3p-9p
Internal Number: 280552
About AdventHealth Greater Orlando
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.