All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Schedule: Full Time
Location: North Orange Ave Orlando, FL
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, Advent Health’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
Protects the financial standing of AdventHealth by performing methodical and through financial assessments of our uninsured patients and/or under insured patients assisting in applications for federal, state and local programs that pay on behalf of the patient.
Screens patients and/or patient’s representative to determine potential eligibility for Third Party Resources. Analyzes their income, assets, household composition, and physical conditions, while applying government rules and regulations that will assist in presenting a complete case to the respective Government Funded Health Program, i.e. SSA, DCF, SSI, Medicare, Disability, etc.
Maintains timely and effective communication with patient to insure complete understanding of Health Program’s processes. Meets with patient or the patient’s representatives either in hospital or other location as designated by supervisor to apply for financial assistance programs. Explains to patients and other entities the eligibility requirements, application process and verification requirements for applicable programs. Facilitates the application process when appropriate for the patient by assisting the patient in completing the application, scheduling appointment interviews and obtaining required verifications.
Represents patients that cannot represent themselves at the offices of Immigration Services, Social Security Administration, Vital Statistics, and Attorney offices, due to their illness. Maintains communication with Adoption Agencies, Foster Care Program, and Adult Care programs for patients whose cases have been forwarded to these organizations and still pending with no decision. Responsible for timely intervention and escalating to the manager for awareness and assistance. Maintains, updates and has thorough knowledge of policies and procedures, rules, regulations, and technical objectives as they are used by DCF, SSI, SSA, AHCA, Medicare, Benefit Recovery, Child Support Enforcement, Foster Care, Adult Protection, Bureau of Victim Compensation, and Labor Dept; as they apply to patients that are undocumented, legal alien, disabled, children, adopted, emancipated. Completes knowledge of technical requirements needed for a hearing on denied cases and how to overturn decision. Ensures knowledge is shared with Case Management and other key members in the revenue cycle department.
Meets minimum conversion goals based upon the opportunity to ensure protection of AdventHealth’s financial standing. Meets the minimum standard of accounts and dollars by staying involved with application process from start to decision of all applications. Monitors patient accounts to ensure appropriate processing timeframes are met.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Minimum of two (2) years of college or two (2) years business, social services, health care, or related experience or comparable combination of education, related experience, and/or training
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Substantive knowledge of the Medical Assistance application process
· Understanding of HIPAA privacy rules and adroit ability to use discretion when discussing patient related information that is confidential in nature as needed to perform duties
· Working knowledge of Microsoft programs and familiarity with database programs
· Ability to operate general office equipment such as computers, facsimiles, copiers, scanners
· Skill in speaking clearly and distinctly using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain the information necessary to execute job responsibilities
· Skill in reading documents written in standard English text such as administrative policy and procedures manuals
· Ability to communicate effectively in writing
· Ability to follow complex instructions and procedures, with a close attention to detail
· Ability to effectively learn and perform multiple tasks, and organize work in a systematic and efficient fashion
· Ability to be responsive to ever-changing matrix of hospital needs and act accordingly
· Availability of reliable transportation for scheduled field visits
· Successful completion of Financial Advocate training course (approx. 40-50 hours) with minimum of 80% proficiency on final exam
Financial Advocate performs detailed, in-house reviews, bedside and/or phone interviews to determine if patient is a viable candidate for federal, state, and/or county medical or disability assistance and, if so, assists the patient/guarantor with the application process for any assistance programs. This assistance includes the necessary investigative, field, and administrative work needed to assist the patient in meeting eligibility requirements for Disability, Medicaid, or other applicable county, federal, or state programs if appropriate.Adheres to AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.